NEBRASKA POWER REVIEW BOARD
Monday, August 10, 2020 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
First Floor Hearing Room
Nebraska State Office Building
301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, Nebraska
Although the meeting will be held in-person, any member of the public can join the meeting “virtually” via Webex by clicking on this link:
https://nvcn-cio.webex.com/nvcn-cio/onstage/g.php?MTID=ef022af0865ee32c21bbf90eb872f7867, or by copying it or typing it into the address line of their web browser address line. The event number (access code) is 145 940 2579. The event password is NPRB8-10-20.
When joining you will be prompted for your name and email. This information is used only to identify you as an attendee. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may enter your first name as “Public”, your last name as “Attendee”, and your email as PublicAttendee@nprb.gov.
If you wish to make comments during the meeting you will need to click on “raise your hand” and you will be required to identify yourself for the record once the host unmutes your line.
If you wish to join the meeting via telephone only, dial 1-415-655-0003 (not toll free). Then enter access code 145 940 2579. Press # to continue without an attendee ID.
1. Roll Call of Board members.
2. Review and approval of the minutes from the June 8, 2020 meeting.*
3. Review and acceptance of expense reports for June and July 2020.*
4. Presentation of the 2020 statewide Load and Capability Report by the Nebraska Power Association’s Joint Planning Subcommittee.*
5. Consider approval of PRB-3927. This is an application filed by the Howard-Greeley Rural Public Power District to construct .8 mile of overhead 3-phase 69 kV subtransmission line in Valley County. The project would upgrade an existing 34.5 kV line to 69 kV and add a shield wire.*
6. Consider approval of amendments to the Board’s Office Policy 6, which pertains to approval of, and reimbursement for, travel expenses for Board members. One amendment deals with when Board members are eligible for lodging and meals if the member could travel home by a certain time, the other changes a definition. The amendment regarding departure times was recommended by the State Auditor’s Office.*
7. Consider approval of an amendment to the Board’s Office Policy 4, which pertains to approval of travel expenses for PRB staff members. The amendment matches the definition change proposed to Board Policy 6 for consistency.*
8. Consider whether the Board will reimburse the Board’s attorney member and the general counsel for the cost to attend a webinar on July 31 sponsored by the Nebraska State Bar Association’s Government and Administrative Practice section. The cost is $112 for NSBA members and $146 for non-members.*
9. Executive Director’s report.
- Update on Southwest Power Pool activities.
- Update on bills and amendments before the Nebraska Legislature.*
- Briefing on the decision in Oregon-California Trails Ass’n et al. v. Walsh, et al., Case No. 19-1945-WJM (U.S. District Court, Colorado) issued June 17, 2020. The case vacates and remands the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service’s issuance of a “take” permit for the R-Project transmission line through north central Nebraska.
- Briefing on the final rule revising the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 issued by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on July 16, 2020.
10. Board’s preparation of the executive director and general counsel’s annual performance evaluation.*
* Action item. A vote is scheduled for or possible on this agenda item.
Note: This agenda is subject to revision. It will be continually updated until it is made final approximately one week prior to the meeting. Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-1411, the Board reserves the right to amend the agenda up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.