NEBRASKA OPEN MEETINGS ACT
Nebraska Revised Statutes 84-1407 through 84-1414 https://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=84-1407
NEBRASKA POWER REVIEW BOARD
Monday, May 10, 2021 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
First Floor Hearing Room
Nebraska State Office Building
301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, Nebraska
Although the meeting will be held in-person, any member of the public can join the meeting “virtually” via Webex by clicking on the following link: https://nvcn-cio.webex.com/nvcn-cio/onstage/g.php?MTID=ef4ec82c9419febdb69e78c7d0185f14e, or by copying it or typing it into the address line of their web browser. The event number (access code) is 145 649 9849. The event password is NPRB5-10-21.
When joining you will be prompted for your name and email. This information is used only to identify you as an attendee. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may enter your first name as “Public”, your last name as “Attendee”, and your email as PublicAttendee@nprb.gov.
If you wish to make comments during the meeting you will need to click on the “raise your hand” icon and you will be required to identify yourself for the record once the host unmutes your line.
If you wish to listen to the meeting via telephone only, dial 1-415-655-0003 (not toll free). Then enter access code 145 649 9849. Press # to continue without an attendee ID.
1. Roll Call of Board members.
2. Review and approval of the minutes from the April 12, 2021 meeting.*Minutes -April 12 2021.pdf
3. Review and acceptance of expense report for April 2021.* Budget Status Apr. 2021.pdf
4. Consider approval of the McCook Public Power District’s Petition for Charter Amendment 8. The amendment would reduce the number of the district’s directors from seven to six, redistribute the district’s territory into six subdivisions instead of seven, and update the list of directors.*McCook PPD Chart Am 8.pdf
5. Consider approval of PRB-3943. This is an application filed by the City of Hastings Utilities for authority to construct .89 mile of 13.8 kilovolt distribution line in the vicinity of the intersection of Showboat Boulevard and J Streets, Adams County, Nebraska. The line will provide backup service to several businesses in the area.*PRB-3943 Hastings.pdf
6. Consider approval of Guidance Document 14. The document would set out the Board’s interpretation of its jurisdiction over electric energy storage resources, and how the Board will handle procedural issues when dealing with applications for approval of such facilities.* Guidance Document 14 DRAFT (Version 1).docx Guidance Document 14 DRAFT (Version 2).docx Guidance Document 14 DRAFT (Version 3).docx
7. Approval of the Board’s assessment figure to be used for the Board’s operating expenses for fiscal year 2021-2022.*
8. Consider authorization of expenses for the executive director and board members to attend the 2021 Nebraska Wind & Solar Conference in Lincoln on November 8-9, 2021.* Wind & Solar Conference Info.pdf
9. Executive Director’s report.
- Update on Southwest Power Pool activities.
- Review of bills pending before the Nebraska Legislature that may affect the Board or the electric industry. The Board may consider taking a position on bills or amendments.*
* Action item. A vote is scheduled for or possible on this agenda item.
Note: This agenda is subject to revision. It will be continually updated until it is made final approximately one week prior to the meeting. Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-1411, the Board reserves the right to amend the agenda up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.