Monday, March 9, 2020 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
First Floor Hearing Hearing Room
Nebraska State Office Building
301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, Nebraska
1. Roll Call of Board members.
2. Review and approval of the minutes from the January 24, 2020 meeting.*
3. Review and acceptance of expense reports for January and February 2020.*
4. Reconsider renewal of State Contract 69810 O4 with JK Energy Consulting, LLC to serve as the Board’s consultant for Southwest Power Pool issues, including serving as Nebraska’s voting representative on the Regional State Committee’s Cost Allocation Working Group. The contract term would be from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. There was an error on the previously approved version of the renewal that needs to be corrected.*
5. Consider the Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska’s Petition for Charter Amendment 35. The proposed amendment would add the town of Oak Creek, Colorado and remove the city of Wood River, Nebraska, as voting members of MEAN, and update the list of persons serving as directors on MEAN’s board.*
6. Executive Director’s report.
- Update on Southwest Power Pool activities.
- Review of bills pending before the Nebraska Legislature that may affect the Board or the electric industry. The Board may consider taking a position on bills or amendments.*
7. Election of Board Chair and Vice Chair for 2020.*
* Action item. A vote is scheduled for or possible on this agenda item.
Note: This agenda is subject to revision. It will be continually updated until it is made final approximately one week prior to the meeting. Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-1411, the Board reserves the right to amend the agenda up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.