NEBRASKA OPEN MEETINGS ACT
Nebraska Revised Statutes 84-1407 through 84-1414 https://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=84-1407
NEBRASKA POWER REVIEW BOARD
Monday, June 14, 2021 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
First Floor Hearing Room
Nebraska State Office Building
301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, Nebraska
Although the meeting will be held in-person, any member of the public can join the meeting “virtually” via Webex by clicking on the following link: https://nvcn-cio.webex.com/nvcn-cio/onstage/g.php?MTID=e0223b6e3089318797dfc4d487a7dd69e, or by copying it or typing it into the address line of their web browser. The event number (access code) is 145 859 2382. The event password is NPRB6-14-21.
When joining you will be prompted for your name and email. This information is used only to identify you as an attendee. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may enter your first name as “Public”, your last name as “Attendee”, and your email as PublicAttendee@nprb.gov.
If you wish to make comments during the meeting you will need to click on the “raise your hand” icon and you will be required to identify yourself for the record once the host unmutes your line.
If you wish to listen to the meeting via telephone only, dial 1-415-655-0003 (not toll free). Then enter access code 145 859 2382. Press # to continue without an attendee ID.
1. Roll Call of Board members.
2. Review and approval of the minutes from the May 10, 2021 meeting.* Minutes - May 10, 2021.docx
3. Consider requested correction to the April 12, 2021 minutes.* Minutes - April 12, 2021 (showing corrections requested by MRO).docx
4. Review and acceptance of expense report for May 2021.* Budget Status May 2021.pdf
5. Consider SAA 329-21-A. This is a joint application filed by the City of Hastings Utilities Department and the Southern Public Power District to amend retail Service Area Agreement 329. The amendment would transfer territory annexed by the Village of Juniata southwest of the intersection of Brass Avenue and 8th Street known as the JELC Addition. * SAA 329-21-A (Hastings & Southern PPD) Juniata Annexation.pdf
6. Consider approval of Guidance Document 14. The document would set out the Board’s interpretation of its jurisdiction over electric energy storage resources, and how the Board will handle procedural issues when dealing with applications for approval of such facilities.* Guidance Document 14 (6-14-21) (Energy Storage Resources) DRAFT with all amendments.docx
7. Executive Director’s report.
- Update on Southwest Power Pool activities.
- Review of bills passed by the Nebraska Legislature during the 2021 session that may affect the Board or the electric industry.
- Discussion of the North American Electric Corp.’s (NERC) 2021 Summer Reliability Assessment. NERC 2021 Summer Reliability Assessment Summary.docx
8. Consider authorization of expenses for the executive director and board members to attend the 2021 Nebraska Wind & Solar Conference in Lincoln on November 8-9, 2021.* Wind & Solar Conference Info (2021).pdf
9. Consider whether the Board will give the executive director and general counsel a pay raise in conjunction with the two percent pay raise that will be given to bargaining unit and qualified rules employees on July 1, 2021.*
* Action item. A vote is scheduled for or possible on this agenda item.
Note: This agenda is subject to revision. It will be continually updated until it is made final approximately one week prior to the meeting. Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-1411, the Board reserves the right to amend the agenda up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.