NEBRASKA OPEN MEETINGS ACT
Nebraska Revised Statutes 84-1407 through 84-1414 https://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=84-1407
NEBRASKA POWER REVIEW BOARD
Friday, October 15, 2021 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
First Floor Hearing Room
Nebraska State Office Building
301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, Nebraska
Although the meeting will be held in-person, any member of the public can join the meeting “virtually” via Webex by clicking on the following link:
https://nvcn-cio.webex.com/nvcn-cio/onstage/g.php?MTID=e5850917689968330407bf287bd9ddc56, or by copying it or typing it into the address line of their web browser. The event number (access code) is 2590 760 0655. The event password is NPRB10-15-21.
When joining you will be prompted for your name and email. This information is used only to identify you as an attendee. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may enter your first name as “Public”, your last name as “Attendee”, and your email as PublicAttendee@nprb.gov.
If you wish to make comments during the meeting you will need to click on the “raise your hand” icon and you will be required to identify yourself for the record once the host unmutes your line.
If you wish to listen to the meeting via telephone only, dial 1-415-655-0003 (not toll free). Then enter access code 2590 760 0655. Press # to continue without an attendee ID.
1. Roll Call of Board members.
2. Review and approval of the minutes from the September 13, 2021 meeting.* Minutes - Sept. 13, 2021.docx
3. Review and acceptance of the expense report for September 2021.* Budget Status Sept. 2021.pdf
4. Consider PRB-3957. This is an application filed by Norris PPD to build .59 mile of 7.2 kilovolt distribution line to serve a residence, outbuildings and an irrigation service in section 18, Township 5, Range 5 East, just north of West Chestnut Road near the Village of DeWitt, Gage County.* PRB-3957 -- Norris PPD (1) (.59 mile 7.2 kV in Gage Co.) Application.pdf
5. Approval of withdrawal of SAA 160-21-A. This is a joint application filed by the City of Kimball and High West Energy to amend retail service area agreement 160. After a review of the situation, it was determined an application is not required to transfer the services involved.* SAA 160-21-A (1) (Kimball & HIgh West Energy) Application.pdf SAA 160-21-A (2) (Kimball & High West Energy) Withdrawal Request Letter.pdf
6. Consider whether the Board will pursue a legislative change to amend Neb. Rev. Stat. section 70-1003 to increase the maximum allowable per diem payments to the Board member designated as Nebraska’s representative on the Southwest Power Pool’s Regional State Committee.*
7. Discussion regarding whether the Power Review Board should have authority to review and approve decisions by public power utilities to enter into power purchase agreements and to decommission commercial generation facilities.* PRB PPA & Decommissioning Authority (DRAFT Language for 10-15-21 Meeting).docx
8. Consider approving reimbursement of expenses the executive director and general counsel incurred to attend three legal education sessions at the Nebraska State Bar Association’s 2021 Annual Meeting in La Vista, Nebraska on October 14, 2021.* NSBA Annual Mtg Reimbursement Documents (2021).pdf
9. Executive Director’s report.
- Update on Southwest Power Pool activities.
* Action item. A vote is scheduled for or possible on this agenda item.
Note: This agenda is subject to revision. It will be continually updated until it is made final approximately one week prior to the meeting. Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-1411, the Board reserves the right to amend the agenda up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.