NEBRASKA POWER REVIEW BOARD
Monday, March 8, 2021 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
First Floor Hearing Room
Nebraska State Office Building
301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, Nebraska
Although the meeting will be held in-person, any member of the public can join the meeting “virtually” via Webex by clicking on the following link: https://nvcn-cio.webex.com/nvcn-cio/onstage/g.php?MTID=ed5b234419d4062a8d5908386217ff25b , or by copying it or typing it into the address line of their web browser. The event number (access code) is 145 066 8610. The event password is NPRB3-8-21.
When joining you will be prompted for your name and email. This information is used only to identify you as an attendee. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may enter your first name as “Public”, your last name as “Attendee”, and your email as PublicAttendee@nprb.gov.
If you wish to make comments during the meeting you will need to click on the “raise your hand” icon and you will be required to identify yourself for the record once the host unmutes your line.
If you wish to listen to the meeting via telephone only, dial 1-415-655-0003 (not toll free). Then enter access code 145 066 8610. Press # to continue without an attendee ID.
1. Roll Call of Board members.
2. Review and approval of the minutes from the February 8, 2021 meeting.*
3. Review and acceptance of expense reports for February 2021.*
4. Briefing by Southwest Power Pool officials on the background of the SPP, updating the Board on recent SPP activities, and on the status of how the SPP plans to integrate electric storage facilities.
5. Consider approval of the Custer Public Power District’s Petition for Charter Amendment 5. The amendment would update the Second section, paragraph 7 of the District’s charter to more accurately reflect the District’s chartered territory, and amend the Sixth section of the charter to the update the list of directors.*
6. Consider approval of PRB-3939. This is an application filed by the Nebraska Public Power District for authority to construct .566 mile of 115 kilovolt transmission line approximately one mile north of the Village of Hallam, in Lancaster County, Nebraska. The project will relocate a portion of an existing line to accommodate construction work at the Monolith company’s manufacturing site. *
7. Consider approval of Guidance Document 14. The document would set out the Board’s interpretation of its jurisdiction over electric energy storage resources, and how the Board will handle procedural issues when dealing with applications for approval of such facilities.*
8. Executive Director’s report.
- Update on Southwest Power Pool activities.
- Consider approval of a draft letter to all power suppliers with retail service areas reminding them of their obligation to engage in joint planning.*
- Review of bills pending before the Nebraska Legislature that may affect the Board or the electric industry. The Board may consider taking a position on bills or amendments.*
* Action item. A vote is scheduled for or possible on this agenda item.
Note: This agenda is subject to revision. It will be continually updated until it is made final approximately one week prior to the meeting. Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-1411, the Board reserves the right to amend the agenda up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.