Monday, June 8, 2020 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
In accordance with health restrictions due to the Coronavirus pandemic, and pursuant to Executive Orders 20-03 and 20-24, the meeting will be conducted via Webex.
Any member of the public can join the meeting via Webex by clicking on this link: https://nvcn-cio.webex.com/nvcn-cio/onstage/g.php?MTID=e7756fa0d0e90a6a58171605c69f4cdfd, or by copying it or typing it into the address line of their web browser address line. The event number (access code) is 928 126 044. The event password is NPRB6-8-20.
When joining you will be prompted for your name and email. This information is used only to identify you as an attendee. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may enter your first name as “Public”, your last name as “Attendee”, and your email as PublicAttendee@nprb.gov.
If you wish to make comments during the meeting you will need to click on “raise your hand” and you will be required to identify yourself for the record once the host unmutes your line.
If you wish to join the meeting via telephone only, dial 1-415-655-0003 (not toll free). Then enter access code 928 126 044. Press # to continue without an attendee ID.
1. Roll Call of Board members.
2. Review and approval of the minutes from the May 11, 2020 meeting.*
3. Review and acceptance of expense report for May 2020.*
4. Consider SAA 310-20-A and SAA 57-20-A (consolidated). This is a joint application filed by the Nebraska Public Power District, the Dawson County Public Power District, and the City of Kearney, Nebraska to amend Service Area Agreements 310 and 57 between NPPD and Dawson PPD. The amendment would add the territory annexed by the City on the north edge of the town into NPPD’s service area.*
5. Consider approval of amendments to the Board’s Office Policy 6, which pertains to approval of travel expenses for Board members. The amendment establishes procedures regarding when Board members are eligible for lodging and meals if the member could travel home by a certain time. The amendment was recommended by the State Auditor’s Office.*
6. Executive Director’s report.
- Update on Southwest Power Pool activities.
- Briefing on the decision in LSP Transmission Holdings, LLC v. Sieben, et al., Case No. 18-2559 (8th Cir. 2020) (upholding Minnesota’s right of first refusal statute for transmission facilities).
7. Consider whether the Board will reimburse the Board’s attorney member and the general counsel for the cost to attend a webinar on June 11 sponsored by the Nebraska State Bar Association. The topic is “Best Practices in Administrative Hearings”. The cost is $50 for NSBA members and $65 for non-members.*
8. Consider whether the Board will give the executive director and general counsel a pay raise in conjunction with the 2.3% pay raise that will be given to all bargaining unit employees, and the raise (amount not yet determined) for qualified rules employees on July 1, 2020.*
* Action item. A vote is scheduled for or possible on this agenda item.
Note: This agenda is subject to revision. It will be continually updated until it is made final approximately one week prior to the meeting. Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-1411, the Board reserves the right to amend the agenda up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.