NEBRASKA OPEN MEETINGS ACT
Nebraska Revised Statutes 84-1407 through 84-1414 https://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=84-1407
NEBRASKA POWER REVIEW BOARD
Friday, May 20, 2022 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
First Floor Hearing Room
Nebraska State Office Building
301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, Nebraska
Although the meeting will be held in-person, any member of the public can join the meeting “virtually” via Webex by clicking on the following link:
https://sonvideo.webex.com/sonvideo/onstage/g.php?MTID=e6c78571aae56c845daca7c32e531e91c, or by copying it or typing it into the address line of their web browser. The event number (access code) is 2484 880 0033. The event password is NPRB5-20-22.
When joining you will be prompted for your name and email. This information is used only to identify you as an attendee. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may enter your first name as “Public”, your last name as “Attendee”, and your email as PublicAttendee@nprb.gov.
If you wish to make comments during the meeting you will need to click on the “raise your hand” icon and you will be required to identify yourself for the record once the host unmutes your line.
If you wish to listen to the meeting via telephone only, dial 1-408-418-9388 (not toll free). Then enter access code 2484 880 0033. Press # to continue without an attendee ID.
1. Roll Call of Board members.
2. Review and approval of the minutes from the March 18, 2022 meeting.* Minutes - March 18, 2022.docx
3. Review and acceptance of the expense reports for March and April 2022.* Budget Status Mar. 2022.pdf
4. Consider PRB-3968. This is an application filed by the Southern Public Power District to build 3.6 miles of 69 kilovolt subtransmission line north of the City of Grand Island’s airport in Hall County. The new line will replace an existing 34.5 kilovolt line.* PRB-3968 -- Southern PPD (1) (3.6 Miles 69 kV) Application.pdf
5. Briefing by the Omaha Public Power District on the District’s 2021 Integrated Resource Plan.
6. Consider authorizing reimbursement for travel expenses incurred by Vice Chairman Hutchison to attend the Midwest Reliability Organization’s Annual Reliability Conference on May 18, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Intercontinental Hotel, Kansas City, Missouri.* MRO Annual Reliability Conference Announcement (5-18-22).docx
7. Approval of the Board’s assessment figure to be used for the Board’s operating expenses for fiscal year 2022-2023.*
8. Consider approval of expenses for Board members or the executive director & general counsel to attend the Nebraska Wind & Solar Conference on October 25-26, 2022 in Lincoln, Nebraska.* Wind and Solar Conference Registration Info (2022).docx
9. Consider whether the NPRB will submit comments to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) in docket number RM21-17-000. The docket is a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking titled “Building for the Future Through Electric Regional Transmission Planning and Cost Allocation and Generator Interconnection”.*
10. Executive Director’s report.
- Update on Southwest Power Pool activities.
- Review of bills enacted by the Nebraska Legislature during the 2022 Legislative session that may affect the Board or the electric industry.
* Action item. A vote is scheduled for or possible on this agenda item.
Note: This agenda is subject to revision. It will be continually updated until it is made final approximately one week prior to the meeting. Pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 84-1411, the Board reserves the right to amend the agenda up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.